Your personalised housing plan
When the housing advisor has determined that you are at risk of homelessness, we will discuss your situation and work with you to agree what will go into your personalised housing plan.
It’s important for you to be open and honest at your assessment so your homelessness advisor can give you the correct advice and support.
Your personalised housing plan will include actions that you and your housing advisor will agree to take to either:
- stop you becoming homeless
- help you find new accommodation if you’re already homeless.
You may agree to:
- contact your landlord to try to resolve particular issues
- fill in forms, such as an income and expenditure form, which will show us how much money you spend or have coming in
- be referred to other organisations for advice and support
- contact any family or friends to ask them to let you stay temporarily.
Your housing advisor may agree to:
- give you advice about your rights as a tenant
- talk to your family or friends if they’ve told you to leave
- help you make a claim for Universal Credit or discretionary housing payments
- help you find private rented accommodation
- refer you to other organisations for specialist advice and support, such as the NHS, welfare benefits or debt advice.
Further information about personal housing plans can be found on Shelter's website.