Local land charges - search
We would like to re-assure all property search customers that we aim to provide as near normal service as possible at this difficult and uncertain time.
We can accept online requests and payment for our search products however we are currently unable to accept postal searches or cheques at this time. We are unable to accept calls as our team is working from home in line with government guidance. We can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to increase in search volumes generally, whilst our normal search turnaround is within 10 working days, our current search turnaround time at 29 January 2021 was approximately 24 working days. Searches are worked on in the order that they are received.
All of our search responses are answered in line with the Law Society's LLC1 and Con29 forms. We are also able to answer optional enquiries and solicitors own questions. For further information and prices, please email email@example.com.
There are two types of search provider:
- local authority searches – we research the records we hold as a local authority to prepare and send out official search results
- private companies acting as personal search agents – each company or agent makes an appointment to view records for the property they wish to search on at the Council House.
We can also receive search requests from the National Land Information Service (NLIS), TM Property Searches and Severn Trent Searches.
We can accept card payments online or over the telephone.
Customers can easily and quickly set up monthly customer account facilities with us and pay during the month after requesting the search. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is a full and comprehensive search of the Council's property records. We answer a series of questions and can provide the official certificate LLC1 – a search of all items in the Local Land Charges Register. We also provide answers to, enquiries of a local authority on form CON29R and form Con29O.
Relevant records are searched to make sure that there are no hidden surprises, for example:
- a new bypass planned for the bottom of your garden
- notices requiring you to take action to fix outstanding problems with your property
- planning consents and those that have conditions attached
- tree preservation orders
- conservation areas
- Listed buildings
- Section 106 agreements with developers about land use and any restrictions
- smoke control orders.
Items revealed on the CON29R part of the search include Planning, Highways, Environmental Health, Housing, Drainage and Building Control Issues. An additional set of optional questions, CON29O, can be asked if extra information is required. We can answer these and solicitor’s own questions on payment of an extra fee.
From 1 April 2020 we are revising the amount of site history that we reveal relating to planning application history. From that date in the LLC1 we will reveal conditional planning applications back to 1 August 1977. CON29 planning site history as part of a search will be revealed back to 1 April 2000. This is due to earlier records not being digitised.
If you require pre 1 April 2000 planning consent information, please contact us as an additional fee may apply.
- a local authority produced standard residential search costs £111.10.
- a local authority produced commercial search costs £315.20.
For further information about our prices please see our local land charges fees document.
- by BACS automated payment
- by setting up monthly account facilities.
Paying for your Local Land Charges search online
To pay online you will need a debit or credit card
- Visit our online payments service
- Select the items you require and complete the details
- If you aren't sure of the fee required contact us.
Paying for your Local Land Charges search by BACS
To set up BACS (automated payment system for banks) please contact us.
As soon as you have made your payment, please email email@example.com your remittance quoting the following information:
- the sort code 30-92-59
- the account number 00006306
- the reference 1000071 S1055 BACS.
Paying for your Local Land Charges search with a monthly account
Please contact us, and, once set up, we will invoice you on a monthly basis. You will then be able to email all search requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You would normally pay your account monthly by direct debit by the 15th of the month following the receipt of a request.
Our current turnaround time is approximately 24 working days. Please note that this turnaround time can change on a daily basis.
We are able to provide copies of documents that are referred to in a search response. For more details please contact email@example.com.
You can downloads Derbyshire Staffordshire Information Sheet Summer 2019.