We work in partnership with a number of cultural organisations across the city. This ensures the arts scene is always vibrant and encourages involvement in the arts for everyone. Some of the organisations we work with regularly are listed below.
- Artcore delivers visual arts activities within a range of communities to educate and encourage cohesion.
- Baby People provides accredited music projects for young people who struggle to engage with mainstream education.
- Déda offers a dance-focussed arts programme that engages a diverse audience through performance and participation.
- Derby Jazz promotes a programme of performances by national and international jazz artists alongside delivery of educational projects.
- Derby LIVE produces a diverse programme of performing arts and events at the Guildhall Theatre and Derby Arena as well as outdoor locations in the city centre and Derby’s parks.
- Derby Theatre is a producing and receiving theatre with a strong community focus and learning ethos.
- Furthest from the Sea are a collective of artists, poets, comedians and musicians delivering performances in indoor and outdoor city centre venues.
- QUAD is Derby’s home for visual art, digital art and film, providing opportunities for entertainment, education and participation.
- Sinfonia Viva is a national chamber orchestra based in Derby, delivering performance, education and health activities.
Derby has a vibrant festivals programme showcasing international artists and home grown talent. Information about our annual festivals can be found through the links below:
- Derby Book Festival
- Derby Caribbean Carnival
- Derby Comedy Festival
- Derby Festé
- Derby Folk Festival
- Format International Photography Festival
- Furthest From the Sea Festival
The Visit Derby website provides up to date information about cultural events and entertainment in Derby.
We believe that a high quality, year-round events programme is an important factor in making Derby a strong city where people work together, can enjoy good health and well-being throughout their life and feel that they belong to a thriving community. The Derby City Council Cultural Charter sets out how the Council will support a programme of affordable events.