Pool betting licence
We are currently experiencing a large number of telephone calls into the service with queries.
If you need to contact us, at the moment we would appreciate an email setting out your enquiry. For general licensing matters, the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you still feel you need to leave a telephone answer message, please note that we will prioritise your call and may not be able to respond to you if your enquiry could be resolved by visiting the website.
Pool betting (formally known as track betting) allows betting to take place at racecourses, football stadiums and other sporting venues.
Pool betting can be carried out remotely or non-remotely:
- Remote pool betting is conducted on an internet betting site run by one of the football pools operators.
- Non-remote pool betting is carried out in person, and is called the Tote, which accepts pool bets on tracks and in high street betting shops.
The following forms can be used to help prepare your notice of application:
- Gambling notice of application for new premises licence form A - this is for an individual to send to the responsible authorities
- Gambling notice of application for new premises licence form B - this is for two or more individual applicants to send to the responsible authorities
- Gambling notice of application form for new premises licence form - this is to be displayed on the premises.
The time taken to process an application depends on each individual application. The time period can range from a minimum of one month up to two months, but this could be longer if appeals are made following a committee hearing.
When an application is submitted, a 28 day statutory consultation period will follow. This allows time for local residents, businesses and responsible authorities to give their responses to the application - known as 'representations'. This is done by considering the three licensing objectives.
If posting or handing in the application form(s) at our reception you are required to also serve a copy of the application, including the accompanying documentation, to the responsible authorities on the same day as the application is given to us. If the application is submitted electronically, we will provide copies to the responsible authorities. We can only accept applications for premises within our local authority area.
The Licensing Team is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy when you use our services. Please view Licensing Team Privacy Notices for further information. Printed copies are available on request.
Licensing Office opening times
Not available at this time.