Physical Activity and Sport team (Place Based Working) - privacy notice
Who we are?
The Physical Activity and Sport service deliver Derby City Council’s physical activity and sport strategy (called Move More Derby). Derby City Council is the local government unitary authority for Derby City. Our address is The Council House,Corporation Street, Derby, DE1 2FS. You can contact our Data Protection Officer on 01332 640763 or by email at email@example.com.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you in the following ways;
- when you fill in any forms or questionnaires in person, through email or any other type of electronic communication; or
- when you contact us in writing, speak to us on the phone, by email or any other type of electronic communication, or
- talk to us face to face through formal and informal settings for example in a café, on a door step, at community engagement events and community based meetings.
What types of information do we collect from you?
We collect different categories of information about you in order to gain insight into physical activity behaviour and anything which influences your ability to be active. This could be personal information (for example your name, contact number and address); and your perception on the barriers and enablers to physical activity behaviours. We collect information with the aim of developing more active communities.
Details of information obtained from third parties?
We receive anonymised data from the following third parties:
- Other Council departments and schools, for example Local Area Co-ordinators, family support workers and school teachers
- Other external organisations i.e. Derby Homes, Clarion Housing Association and other housing associations within Derby city; Derbyshire County Cricket Club, University of Derby,
- Move More Derby Ambassadors may also share information collected from the community.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to;
- Gain further insight and understanding in relation to the following;
- the influences on physical activity behaviours in communities and how we can support a more active community
- your perspective of your community
- your perspective on the influence of the community on physical behaviours
- ideas on how to encourage physical activity participation, for you and your community
- Contact you by phone, text, in writing or by email, if you have provided your consent, to discuss the information you have provided further and seek clarification if you would like to be involved in co-designing solution within the community.
- Send you communications, if you have provided your consent, you have requested or information connected to you and your community.
- Create a case study, , if you have provided your consent about your community for local media, Move More Derby social media channels and other channels this may involve the use of photo or video footage collected at activities and programme If you feature in an image or video we will have taken reasonable steps to seek your consent and/or to inform you. You can object to the use of an image or video that features you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Research and statistics
Anonymised and pseudonymised data may be used for research and statistical purposes. Any data collected may be used for research and statistical purposes that are relevant and compatible with the purpose that the data was collected for.
Who has access to your information?
We may share your anonymised information with the following for the reasons detailed:
- Other Council departments, such as Public Health for reporting purposes.
- University of Derby who provide placement students and quality assured and approved volunteers and who assist with community events and other activities as part of the Move more Derby project.
- Move More Derby Ambassadors who provide support within the community.
- External organisations connected to the understanding and insight around your community and your physical activity behaviours who we anonymously report to –These currently include Derby Homes, Press Red, Active Derbyshire , Clarion Housing, Metropolitan Housing, Sporting Communities, Derby County Community Trust, Schools and Academies, YMCA Derbyshire, Derbyshire Constabulary, local Neighbourhood Boards, The Alvaston Residents Association, local resident groups, DHA, Roe Farm Community Centre, Mayfield Road Methodist Church, Children’s Centres, Derwent Stepping Stones, Derby County Cricket, Disability Direct, Derby Fire Service, Derwent Oaks, ABC Boxing, Let’s Get Active, Derby PSCO’s, St Philip’s Church, Aspire Wrestling Academy, 24Fit, DEDA..
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
What are your rights in relation the personal data we process?
- Access – you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the Council.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. The Council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing – you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions – you have the right to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.
How long will we keep your information for?
We keep and dispose of all records in line with our record retention schedule. We will comply with Data Protection legislation.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. We recommend that you take every precaution to protect your personal information.
Keeping your data up to date
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
If you are accessing online services and are under the age of 13‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience. View what cookies we use and how you can manage them.
Internet Protocol (IP) addresses are collected when our site is used:
- for statistical/analytical purposes
- to identify any malicious activity
If you would like to make a complaint regarding the use of your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer;
- By post: Information Governance, The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby, DE1 2FS
- By phone: 01332 640763
- By email: email@example.com
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO):
- By post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- By phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number