Procurement - privacy notice
Who we are?
Derby City Council is the local government unitary authority for Derby City. Our address is The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby, DE1 2FS. You can contact our Data Protection Officer on 01332 640763 or by email at email@example.com.
How do we collect information from you?
We collect information from you when you visit www.derby.gov.uk, when you fill in any forms using our customer portals or on our website, including myAccount; also when you contact us in writing, speak to us on the phone, by email or any other type of electronic communication, or talk to us face to face.
What types of information do we collect from you?
We collect different categories of information about you, depending on the service we want from you and / or the reason why we need to process information relating to you. This could be personal information (for example a named individual in an organisation), or other more sensitive data that we would only collect and use in very particular circumstances that are set out by law.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to assess your bid; form the basis of a contract document, and monitor contract performance.
- to help us meet our contractual, statutory and non-statutory duties
- to administer work accurately and efficiently
- to check the information you have given us to make sure we are handling your data correctly
- for other purposes allowed by law
- to prevent fraud and the misuse of public funds
- to ensure value for money and quality services are provided for the Council
Research and statistics
Anonymised and pseudonymised data may be used for research and statistical purposes. Any data collected may be used for research and statistical purposes that are relevant and compatible with the purpose that the data was collected for.
Who has access to your information?
We may share your information with:
- Other Council Directorates;
- Elected members;
- External organisations including software providers, financial organisations; other local authorities; relevant external consultants where appointed for relevant projects; contracted service providers; unsuccessful suppliers (to satisfy legal requirements, but excluding personal information).
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties. We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
What are your rights in relation the personal data we process?
- Access – you can request copies of any of your personal information that is held by the Council.
- Rectification – you can ask us to correct any incorrect information.
- Deletion – you can ask us to delete your personal information. The Council can refuse to delete information if we have a lawful reason to keep this.
- Portability – you can ask us to transfer your personal data to different services or to you.
- Right to object or restrict processing – you have the right to object to how your data is being used and how it is going to be used in the future.
- Right to prevent automatic decisions – you have the right to challenge a decision that affects you that has been made automatically without human intervention, for example an online form with an instant decision.
How long will we keep your information for?
We keep and dispose of all records in line with our record retention schedule. We will comply with Data Protection legislation.
What security precautions are in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information?
We are strongly committed to data security and will take reasonable and appropriate steps to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, loss, misuse, alteration or corruption. We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard the information you provide to us. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us. We recommend that you take every precaution to protect your personal information.
Keeping your data up to date
We want to ensure any information we hold is accurate. You can help us by promptly informing us of any changes to the information we hold about you.
If you are accessing online services and are under the age of 13‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Cookies are small text files which identify your computer to our servers. They are used to improve the user experience. View what cookies we use and how you can manage them.
Internet Protocol (IP) addresses are collected when our site is used:
- for statistical/analytical purposes
- to identify any malicious activity
If you would like to make a complaint regarding the use of your personal data you can contact our Data Protection Officer;
- By post: Information Governance, The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby, DE1 2FS
- By phone: 01332 640763
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For independent advice about data protection, privacy and data sharing issues, you can contact the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO):
- By post: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
- By phone: 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or 01625 545 745 if you prefer to use a national rate number