What is the Derby Activity and Food Programme?
The Derby Holiday Activity and Food Programme aims to provide support for families in Derby by providing free activities and meals during school holidays and beyond.
The fund aims to achieve the following for children and young people:
- access to enriching activities that they may not otherwise be able to attend
- enjoy learning new skills
- meeting friends and socialising, reducing social isolation during school holidays
- have a healthy and nutritious meal
- take part in physical and creative activities
- build greater knowledge of health and nutrition.
Holiday Activity and Food Programme 2022 will be delivered:
- Easter 2022
- Summer 2022
- December 2022
The holiday activities and food programme project is funded by the Department for Education.
What is the fund for?
The fund is broken down into:
- The Holiday Activities and Food programme (HAF) scheme - this offers free activities and meals to children eligible for free school meals. There are a number of providers offering a range of activities in wards all across the city.
- Financial support - we will provide financial support to existing charities and organisations which give support and services to vulnerable people and families.
Which families in Derby can come along?
The programme is targeting families who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals. Activity providers will also accept all families, but charges may apply.
Addional funding is available through the Household Support Fund, supporting families during the term breaks in Christmas 2022 and February 2023, at £20 per child per week. The Household Support Fund web page has more informaiton for eligibilty and how to apply.