What is a trader?
You are a trader if you are acting for purposes relating to your trade, business, craft or profession. This includes:
- not-for-profit organisations including charities, community interest companies and community groups
- local authorities.
What advice can I get from you?
We aim to create a fair and safe trading environment for consumers and traders in Derby. We do this by advising businesses on how to comply with the following areas of law:
- Age restricted products – tobacco, alcohol, solvents, knives, firearms and fireworks
- Animal health and welfare
- Consumer Rights – what your customers can expect
- Fair trading – distance selling, door step selling, pricing, and civil law
- Food standards – allergens, best before and use by dates, ingredients, labelling and traceability
- Product safety – toys, furniture, clothing and electrical items
- Weights and measures – weighing and measuring equipment for use in trade.
Where can I get more advice?
You can use our trader advice packs to get a customised document relating to specific topics of interest to you and your business.
If you have a business advice enquiry relating to something not covered on these pages, please contact us.