What records do we hold ?
The Derby Register Officer holds all the births, marriage and death records for the Derby Registration District from 1 July 1837 to the present day. We can also access some of the Shardlow district records as well as the sub-districts of Spondon, Melbourne and Repton.
We can conduct a five-year search within your certificate application fee. Unfortunately, we are unable to conduct an open-ended general search of our indexes. Alternatively you may wish to search the Registrar General’s indexes online on one of the many commercial family history sites.
We offer two levels of service:
- cost £35
- can be posted 1st class or collected from Royal Oak House
- ordered by 12:30pm Monday – Friday collect same day after 3pm
- ordered after 12:30pm collect following day after 10:30am
- cost £11
- can be posted 2nd class or collected from Royal Oak House after five working days
Royal Oak House, Market place, Derby DE1 3AR
- Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 16:30
- Friday 9:00 - 16:00
To order a certificate, you can use our online application forms. If the record was not issued by the Derby Office, please contact the register office where the record was issued.
What information do I need to provide?
- the year in which a particular event was registered
- the place where the event was registered
- the name of the individual or individuals involved
For further advice on records of Derby City or genealogy, please contact us or go to the government's Researching Family History website.
The Council House/ Royal Oak opening times
|Monday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Tuesday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Wednesday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Thursday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Friday||9 am to 4.30 pm|
|Saturday||Ceremonies by appointment only|
If you have a question or comment regarding historical searches please complete the Historical Searches form.