Young person told to leave home or homeless
If you are aged 16 or 17 and worried about becoming homeless, you can contact Children’s Social Care through our Initial Response Team.
Call 01332 641172 (choose option 1).
If you are already working with someone in Children’s Services, then you should contact your allocated worker.
If you don’t feel safe at home
Call the police on 999 now if you are injured or at risk of being injured.
If you need to leave home right now call us at Housing Options:
- Monday to Friday - 8.30am to 5pm. 01332 640085 (choose option 4 for homeless and option 5 for threatened with homelessness).
- after 5pm and at weekends call Careline
If you are having problems at home
If you do not have to leave home then you should consider your options very carefully before doing so.
Your situation may feel bad if you are having arguments, but if you leave your family home without being prepared, you may find yourself in a worse situation. You may also find it difficult to carry on with your education. Talk to someone, for example, friends, extended family, or a teacher at your school or college before you make any decisions.
If you have a social worker or support worker, please contact them for advice and assistance.
If you do not have a social worker or support worker, call either:
- Children's Social Care on 01332 641172 (choose option 1)
- Housing Options 01332 640085 (choose option 4 for homeless and option 5 for threatened with homelessness).
We will make an assessment of your circumstances. We may be able to provide mediation with your family to talk about the problems.
We are also able to refer you to other agencies for help.
Other support and advice
- Childline: 0800 1111. Free 24 hour support helpline for children and young people
- Shelter: 0808 800 4444. 8am to 8pm weekdays and 9am to 5pm at weekends.