Household Support Fund
The Household Support Fund 4 (HSF4) is provided by the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to local authorities to provide crisis support to households most in need to help with significantly rising living costs.
The HS4 Fund scheme runs from April 2023 to March 2024.
How does the scheme work?
Financial support is provided in the following ways for eligible Derby household in need of support:
Free school meals
- Derby city households with children receiving free school meals will be supported during the term breaks. This will continue to be distributed as supermarket food voucher codes, through schools as part of the HSF4 scheme up to the February 2024 half term break.
- Over 14,800 households have benefitted from supermarket food voucher support over school term breaks providing 874,570 meals since April 2023.
The food voucher scheme supports eligible households in crisis with food vouchers towards the cost of living.
Since April 2023 over 9,346 households have been supported, with over £955,760 food vouchers awarded in supermarket food vouchers.
The winter online food voucher application form is open for applications through to the end of March 2024, or until all the allocated £500,000 funding is awarded.
Only one award will be made for each eligible household. The voucher values are:
- £60 for a single adult household
- £80 for a multiple adult household
- £120 for a household with children under the age of 19
How can I apply?
The easiest and quickest way to apply is online.
The fund also provides financial support for up to 50 local community services and organisations across the city to further develop a community led cost of living support network that includes a warm welcome, hot meal, help towards energy costs as well as help accessing other cost of living support.
During winter 2022/23, the hubs received over 29,000 visits from adults and over 4,500 children.
The fund provides access to financial support for help with energy costs in the form of energy vouchers. This support is available to vulnerable households and those in financial crisis through the Warm Welcome Hubs across the city.
Since April 2023, over 3,764 energy support fund applications have been processed, issuing awards for over £206,660.