Arboretum neighbourhood ward
Arboretum Neighbourhood team
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have any ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
|Derby Homes Area Housing Manager
Anti-social behaviour and crime
If you wish to complain about anti-social behaviour or report a crime you can contact the Arboretum Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
- telephone: 101
- email: email@example.com
- or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Find out more about Safer Neighbourhoods on the Derbyshire Police website.
Arboretum Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- decides where delegated Council budgets are to be spent
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget in April 2020. This budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (Non Commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the board, please read the guidance and complete the form:
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
Members of Arboretum Neighbourhood Board 2023/24
- Chair - Councillor Nawaz
- Councillor C Wright
- Councillor S Khan
- Anthony Adams
- Monica Bailey
- Andrew Cejar
- Alastair Christie
- Albashir Kuri
Community and voluntary organisations
- Jo Simister - Chair of Friends of Derby Arboretum
- George Mighty- West Indian Community Centre
- Margita Cechova - Roma Community Care
- Abbas Fatah - Kurdish Community Group
Partner Organisations and Services
- Inspector Keith Chambers - Police, Peartree SNT
- Sgt Mike Sisman - Police, Peartree SNT
- Sgt Jamie Millard - Police, City Centre SNT
- Paula Solowij - Derby Homes Area Housing Manager
- Rajeev Nath - Local Area Coordination - Adult Social Care
- Marissa Jefford - Local Area Co-ordinator
- Sajda Kauser - Derby City NHS
- Mick McNaught - Derby Parks
How can I join the Arboretum Neighbourhood Board?
If you are interested in joining your local Neighbourhood Board, or your community group is interested in nominating a representative, download, complete and return an Board membership application form or contact us.
Arboretum Neighbourhood Forum
Neighbourhood forums take place in the ward if there is an issue that needs a meeting.
When a Neighbourhood Forum is required it will be advertised.
Arboretum neighbourhood priorities
- Education and engagement with residents
- Addressing fly tipping and littering
- Cleaner streets
- Rogue landlords
- Community events
- Community cohesion
- Community engagement
- Youth crime – prevention and safety
- Education and employment
Crime and safety
- Drug and alcohol misuse and related crime and ASB
- Youth crime and ASB
- Gangs and Organised Crime Groups
- Preventing domestic and sexual violence and supporting victims