Chellaston and Shelton Lock ward
Chellaston and Shelton Lock Neighbourhood team
Chellaston is part of the South East area.
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have any ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
|Sharon Sewell||Neighbourhood Manager||07812 email@example.com|
|Stephanie Holt||Neighbourhood Officer||01332 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Tracey O’Connor||Derby Homes Area Housing Manager||01332 888772||tracey.o’email@example.com|
Anti-social behaviour and crime
If you have concerns about your neighbourhood, wish to complain about anti-social behaviour you can contact the Chellaston Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
- telephone: 101
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Chellaston Neighbourhood Forum
These meetings take place within the Ward only if there is an identified issue that requires a meeting.
When a Neighbourhood Forum is required it will be advertised, but for further information please email Stephanie Holt.
For more information on what neighbourhood forums are view the neighbourhood working page.
Chellaston Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- decides where delegated Council budgets are to be spent
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget from April 2021. This budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (Non Commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the Board, please view the apply for neighbourhood funding page.
For more information on what neighbourhood boards are view the neighbourhood working page.
For information on how to access funding for local projects and community groups, view the apply for funding page.
Members of Chellaston Neighbourhood Board 2022
Derby City Council's councillor representatives
- Chair - Councillor Jennings
- Councillor McCristal
- Councillor Ingall
- Sgt Tony England - Derbyshire Police
- Shareen Akhtar - Derbyshire Fire & Rescue
- Alan Radford
- Gillian Donaldson
- Glenys Radford
Community organisations' representatives
- Amanda Kelly - Chellaston Events Group Spirit of Chellaston
- Craig Froggatt - AFC Chellaston
- John Bowden - Chellaston Residents Association
- Ann Witheford - Chellaston Neighbourhood Planning Forum (CNPF)
- Ian Colder - Chellaston Community Association
- James Alan Wright - Chellaston Bowls Club
Chellaston Neighbourhood Board council advisors
- Sharon Sewell - Neighbourhood Partnership Manager
- Aidan Ryrie – South Area Traffic Management Manager
- Sarah Webster - Derby Parks
- Tracy O’Connor - Derby Homes
- Marissa Jefford – Local Area Co-ordinator
Chellaston Neighbourhood Board dates 2022
- Wednesday 16 February: 6 pm - 7.30pm – Acorn Close Community Room
How can I join the Chellaston Neighbourhood Board?
Ward Walkabouts and Roadshow events
Ward walkabouts is an initiative to strengthen community spirit and build safer communities. This involves Councillors, Neighbourhoods, Public Protection Officers, Derby Homes and the Police, together with local residents leading a high profile and visible patrol including a litter pick. The idea behind this is to get back to traditional community values of local people looking out for each other and identifying any problems raised in the area. Roadshows are similar to the Ward Walkabouts but are static events in various locations across the ward.
The next dates for the ward walkabouts are:
- Wednesday 22 February 2022, 6 pm to 7 pm; meeting point Parkway junction of Thurstone Furlong
The next dates for the Roadshow events are:
- Wednesday 9 February 11 am to 1 pm – Bonnie Prince estate, Rowallan Way shopping area.