New national restrictions are in place - check out the latest COVID-19 guidance.
Streetpride aims to work with Derby's communities and to involve them in improving their local environment.
Through Streetpride, we are giving communities more control over the appearance of their street and local environment, including some control over how and where money is spent. Streetpride focuses on the customer and will make a positive difference to the way customers interact with us and our street-based services.
The main services covered by Streetpride are:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Bulky waste collection
- Dog fouling
- Fly tipping
- Fly posting
- Grass cutting
- Household waste
- Parking in Derby
- Road and path maintenance
- Lighting - street lights
- Syringe disposal
- Lighting - traffic lights
How do I report a problem or request a service?
You can do this using our online forms:
- Apply for assisted waste collection for older and disabled people
- Apply for a bigger bin
- Apply for a new bin/bag
- Apply for a replacement bin/bag
- Report chewing gum issues
- Report a dead animal
- Report dog fouling
- Report fly-posting
- Report fly-tipping
- Report graffiti
- Report a grass cutting issue
- Report a hedge cutting issue
- Report a leaves issue
- Report a litter issue
- Report a missed bin
- Report needles and drug issue
- Report a public toilet issue.
How long will you take to respond to my report?
Problem with abandoned vehicles
- remove a burnt-out and dangerous vehicle within one working day.
- remove a vehicle only fit for destruction within three working days.
- remove a vehicle in good condition and secure within 15 working days.
Problem with refuse and bin collection
- empty bins that we have missed within two working days.
- remove bulky items (after receipt of payment) on the day of appointment.
Problem with roads or pavements
- repair a broken street light within five working days of it being reported.
- clear up a spillage on the roads within four hours after being reported.
- attend to a dangerous defect on the road or pavement within four hours of it being reported.
- make safe missing manhole covers, for example public and private sewers, gas, water or BT apparatus within four hours and inform the owner.
- give an estimate for a vehicle dropped crossing within ten working days from receipt of a formal request.
Problem with trees and hedges
- make safe dangerous and overhanging trees/vegetation on highway land. If necessary, the danger will be guarded within four hours and cutting back will be carried out within five working days.
- make safe dangerous and overhanging trees/vegetation on private land. If necessary, the danger will be guarded within four hours and a leaflet will be sent to the landowner within 14 days. Enforcement action will start if no action has been taken by the landowner after 14 days.
Problem with litter, graffiti or dog fouling
- remove fly tips on Council land within one working day of it being reported.
- remove dog mess on Council land within one working day of it being reported.
- empty overflowing litter and dog waste bins on the day, if reported before 1pm and within one working day, if reported after 1pm.
- remove racist or offensive graffiti by the next working day.
- remove other types of graffiti within four working days.
- clear up drug litter within two hours if reported before 5pm and within the next working day after 5pm.