MiPermit cashless parking
We’ve introduced cashless parking across Derby for a more convenient way to pay. The quickest and easiest way to pay is by using the MiPermit mobile app.
Some of our multi-storey car parks now also accept card payments:
- Bold Lane Parksafe car park
- Chapel Street car park
- Assembly Rooms car park
Why go cashless?
- helps to reduce the number of pay and display tickets that are wasted
- hassle-free, no need for change
- quick and easy
- text messages will remind you when your parking is about to expire
- extend your parking without returning to your car
- pay for your parking up to seven days in advance (this does not guarantee a parking space).
As well as cash and card payments at some of our multi-storey car parks, you will be able to use MiPermit to pay for parking within our on and off-street parking facilities where pay and display restrictions apply.
There are different ways to pay with MiPermit:
- On the MiPermit app - download from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- On the MiPermit website.
- By telephone – contact MiPermit on 0345 505 1155.
Each of our parking locations will display a 6 digit 'location code' on the pay and display machine which identifies your parking location. Your location code is used to pay for your parking.
The use of MiPermit will result in a small fee added to your parking charge:
- 10p per transaction.
- 10p for a text reminder (optional) – this will notify you when your parking is due to expire.
More information can be found in the MiPermit application user guide.