Boulton neighbourhood ward
Boulton Neighbourhood Team
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have any ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
Sharon Sewell, Neighbourhood Partnership Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 643042
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorraine Howe, Derby Homes Area Housing Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 888621
- email: email@example.com
Claire Briggs, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer, by:
- telephone: 01332 642441
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your local Safer Neighbourhood Team
If you wish to complain about antisocial behaviour or report a crime you can contact the Boulton Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
- telephone: 101
- email: email@example.com
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Find out more about Safer Neighbourhoods on the Derbyshire Police website, and see their page about the Boulton Safer Neighbourhood Team.
Alvaston, Boulton & Wilmorton Neighbourhood Forum
If you have an interest in your local area, you can go to one of the Neighbourhood Forums open public meetings.
Forum dates and papers for 2019/20
- Wednesday 19th February 2020, Nunsfield House, Boulton Lane, 6.00pm-8.00pm
Alvaston, Boulton & Wilmorton Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget from October 2019 and will receive a further budget from April 2020. This budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (Non Commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the board, please complete the form at the link below:
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
Members of Boulton Neighbourhood Board 2019/20
Derby City Council's Councillor Representatives
- Councillor Dom Anderson
- Councillor Paul Bettany - Chairman
- Councillor Alan J Graves
- Inspector Jo Meakin, Derbyshire Police
- Sgt Graham Young, Derbyshire Police
- Shareen Akhtar, Derbyshire Fire and Rescue
- John Bestwick, Allenton Traders Association
- Lee Farthing, Field Lane Football Club
- Mairi Radcliffe, St Martins Church
- David Walsh, Sporting Communities
- Thelma Bradshaw
- Joan Hodgkinson
- Steve Baker
- Cheryl Baxter
- Kevin Winston
- Jackie Blaney
- Thomas Spray
- Olga Bartlett
- John Brian Farthing
Boulton Neighbourhood Board council advisors
- Sharon Sewell, Neighbourhood Partnership Manager
- Rebecca Hudson, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer
- Lorraine Howe, Area Housing Manager, Derby Homes
- Kathryn Humpston, Local Area Coordinator
- Simran Sandhu, Local Area Coordinator
- David Oliffe, Local Area Coordinator
- Stephen Crandell - Housing Officer
How can I join the Boulton Neighbourhood Board?
If you are interested in joining your local neighbourhood board, or your community group is interested in nominating a representative, download, complete and return an Application form or contact us.
Ward walkabouts is an initiative to strengthen community spirit and build safer communities. This involves Councillors, Neighbourhoods, Derby Homes and the Police, together with local residents leading a high profile and visible patrol. The idea behind this is to get back to traditional community values of local people looking out for each other and identifying any problems raised in the area. We will knock on doors, walk, talk greet and listen. Anyone is welcome to come along. Please contact your Neighbourhood Partnership Officer for information on future dates.
The walkabouts for 2020/21 will be arranged and promoted following evolving Covid-19 guidelines - for further information please contact Claire Briggs on 01332 642441.
Local events, news and activities
For more information on what neighbourhood boards are visit the Neighbourhood working page.