Normanton neighbourhood ward
Normanton Neighbourhood Team
Your Neighbourhood Team is based at The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby DE1 2FS.
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, or if you have any ideas on how to improve your local area, or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
Sarah Dosunmu, Neighbourhood Partnership Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 643041
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paula Solowij, Derby Homes Area Housing Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 888645
- email: email@example.com
Lorraine Dryden, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer, by:
- telephone: 01332 642686
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your local Safer Neighbourhood Team
If you wish to complain about anti-social behaviour or report a crime you can contact the Normanton Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
- telephone: 101
- email: email@example.com
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Normanton Neighbourhood Forum
If you have an interest in your local area, you can go to one of Normanton Neighbourhood Forum's open public meetings. The meetings take place around every three months.
For more information about neighbourhood forums, visit our Neighbourhood working page.
Normanton Neighbourhood Forum dates and papers for 2019/20 - 2020/21
- To be confirmed
The Neighbourhood Forum meetings are currently on hold due to the current COVID-19 situation and as soon as it is safe to do so we will arrange the next Neighbourhood Forum Meeting.
Find out more about Neighbourhood Forum meetings.
This is an initiative to tackle the perception of crime, strengthen community spirit and resolve community issues. This involves councillors and local residents leading high profile and visible patrols.
The idea behind this is to get back to traditional community values of local people looking out for each other. Patrols take place in a different part of the community within the Normanton Ward. We walk, talk, greet and listen, dealing with issues we come across while hopefully having some fun at the same time.
The next date for the Ward walkabouts
- Tuesday 8th September 2020 @ 3pm - Meeting point junction of Porter Road and Almond Street. We will be visiting; Porter Road (Almond St - Haddon St), Clarence Road (Almond St - Haddon St), Meynell Street, Belvoir Street, Stanton Street, Haddon Street
- Tuesday 6th October 2020 @ 3pm - Meeting point junction of Stenson Road and Village Street. we will be visiting; Stenson Road (Village Street - Masefield Avenue), Holmfield, New Chestnut Place, Ainsworth Avenue, Gaskell Avenue, Walton Drive & Masefield Avenue
- Wednesday 4th November 2020 @ 3pm - Meeting point junction of Village Street and Castleton Avenue. We will be visiting; Castleton Avenue, Bamford Avenue, Offerton Avenue, Stenson Road (Roundabout - Village Street), Village Street, Ashopoton Avenue, Derby Lane (Village Street - Kenilworth Avenue), Lake Drive and Newlyn Drive
- Tuesday 2nd February 2020 @ 3pm - Meeting point junction of Crewe Street and Stanton Street. We will be visiting; Crewe Street (Stanton Street - Upper Dale Road), Willn Street, Scott Street, Almond Street (Clarence Road - Upper Dale Road), Upper Dale Road (Cavendish Roundabout to Clarence Road)
- Tuesday 9th March 2021 @ 3pm - Meeting point junction of Kitchener Avenue and Dryden Street. We will be visiting; Dryden Street, Austin Square, Boswell Square, Blackmore Street, Patmore Square, Dickens Square, Baxter Square, Emerson Square and Kitchener Avenue (Coleridge Street - Dryden Street)
Normanton Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- decides where delegated Council budgets are to be spent
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget from April 2020. The budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (Non Commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the board, please complete the form at the link below:
The Neighbourhood Board also has access to another community grant funding pot provided by RRS, Resourse Recovery Solutions. If you are interested in making a funding application, then please complete the RRS Funding Application Form.
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
- to be confirmed
Members of Normanton Neighbourhood Board 2020/21
- Councillor Hardyal Dhindsa - Chair
- Councillor Jangir Khan
- Councillor Balbir Sandhu
Partner/Community and Voluntary Organisations/Services
- Sajda Kausar - NHS Derby City
- Insp Keith Chambers - Derbyshire Police
- Nanda Savage - MAT Team
- Sarah Dosunmu - Neighbourhood Manager
- Lorraine Dryden - Neighbourhood Partnership Officer
- Rebecca Haynes - Local Area Coordinator
- Neil Barber - St Giles Church
- Dave Lamb
- Jill Lamb
- David Butler
- Janet Tristram
- Gordon Savage
- Simon Bacon
- Lisa Sherwood
Your neighbourhood priorities for 2019/20
The Board at its previous meeting agreed the following as work areas for the team. A verbal update will be provided at the meeting.
- Fly tipping enforcement
- Deep Cleans
- Compactor Days
- Litter from Premises
- Tipping on private land
- Roads and pavements - see suggested streets for potential consideration for next year
- Car parks and open spaces
Charlotte Street car park - currently fenced off and cameras installed by Environmental Protection. Derby Homes are drawing up costings for a scheme
Peartree Road car park - proposal for lining on the area and to include in a potential Local Transport Plan scheme
Walbrook Road car park - proposal for lining on the area and to include in a potential Local Transport Plan scheme
Havelock Road MUGA - no progress to date
- One way system - Harrington Street
- Parking consultation on Harrington Street
- Traffic and parking issues
Rutland Street parking issues
Sinfin Lane surfacing
Derby Lane parking restrictions
- Maintaining front gardens
- Maintaining hedges
- Addressing fly tipping
- Open space
Rawdon Street/Church Street area
- Work with Metropolitan and Derwent Living
- Stanhope Street open area
- Food dumping
- General litter and kids hanging around on the street
Peartree Stakeholders Meeting
- Residents meeting
- Litter pick events
- PPO work
- Business Forum
- Police and Crime Commissioner actions
- Neighbourhood Board
- Neighbourhood Forum meetings
- Ward Walkabouts
- Work with schools
Dale Primary School
- Litter picks
How can I join the Normanton Neighbourhood Board?
For more information on what neighbourhood forums and boards are, and how to access funding for local projects and community groups, visit the Neighbourhood working page.