Oakwood neighbourhood ward
Oakwood Neighbourhood Team
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
Sarah Dosunmu, Neighbourhood Partnership Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 643041
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Graeme Walton, Derby Homes Area Housing Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 888630
- email: email@example.com
Becky Hudson, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer, by:
- telephone: 01332 643028
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your local Safer Neighbourhood Team
If you wish to complain about anti-social behaviour or report a crime, contact the Oakwood Safer Neighbourhood Team by:
- telephone: 101
- email: email@example.com
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Oakwood Neighbourhood Board
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- decides where delegated Council budgets are to be spent
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
Board Project Priorities:
- Friends of Oakwood Parks - Establish a group
- Allotments project - Identify land and develop an area for allotments in the ward
- Swimming Pool at Springwood - Look at funding possibilities
- Schools expansion project - Further discussions required
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget from October 2019 and will receive a further budget from April 2020. This budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (Non Commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the Board, please complete the:
Oakwood Neighbourhood Forum
There are no longer forum meetings held for your local area. If you would like to raise an issue or require more information, contact one of your local Councillors:
- Councillor Mick Barker, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Councillor Frank Harwood, email email@example.com
- Councillor Robin Wood, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about neighbourhood forums, visit our Neighbourhood working page.
Find out more about Neighbourhood Forum meetings.
Local events, news, activities and forms
Deep cleans involve Derby City Council Teams from Streetpride, Highways, Neighbourhood Team and volunteers cleaning, sweeping, litter picking, painting and having a general tidy of different areas within the Ward. If you are interested in volunteering to help out on any of these dates below, Please contact Becky Hudson, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer on 01332 643028 or email email@example.com.
Deep cleans for 2020/21 will be arranged and promoted following evolving Covid-19 guidelines.
Friends of Oakwood Parks
If you are interested in becoming a friend and would like more information, please contact Becky Hudson, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer on 01332 643028 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date and Venue to be confirmed
Oakwood Parks and Open Spaces Survey
It is our vision to ensure that the parks and green spaces of Oakwood meet the communities needs and provide areas that are clean and safe for all park users.
We need Oakwood Residents to let us know their views and ideas, as well as whether you would like to be part of shaping and developing the park facilities to support future community needs and aspirations.
Please take a few minutes to complete the Parks Survey July 2020 Final.
For more information on what neighbourhood forums and boards are, and how to access funding for local projects and community groups, visit the Neighbourhood working page.