Sinfin neighbourhood ward
Sinfin Neighbourhood Team
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have any ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
Sharon Sewell, Neighbourhood Partnership Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 643042
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorraine Howe, Derby Homes Area Housing Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 888621
- email: email@example.com
Jonathan Till, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer, by:
- telephone: 01332 888725
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your local Safer Neighbourhood Team
If you wish to complain about anti-social behaviour or report a crime you can contact the Sinfin Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
- telephone: 101
- email: email@example.com
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Sinfin Ward Walkabout dates for 2019/20
Ward walkabouts is an initiative to strengthen community spirit and build safer communities. This involves councillors, Streetpride, Derby Homes and the police, together with local residents leading a high profile and visible patrol. The idea behind this is to get back to traditional community values of local people looking out for each other and identifying any problems raised in the area. We will greet and listen so come along and join us. Ward walkabouts take place the second Monday of the month at 5pm until 6pm.
The walkabouts for 2020/21 will be arranged and promoted following evolving Covid-19 guidelines - for further information please telephone Jonathan Till on 01332 888725.
Sinfin Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget from October 2019 and will receive a further budget from April 2020. The budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (Non Commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the Board, please complete the form at the link below:
The Neighbourhood Board also has access to another community grant funding pot provided by RRS, Resourse Recovery Solutions. If you are interested in making a funding application then please complete the RRS Funding Application form.
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
Members of Sinfin Neighbourhood Board 2019/20
- Sharon Sewell - Neighbourhood Partnership Manager
- Lorraine Howe - Area Housing Manager/Derby Homes
- Jonathan Till - Neighbourhood Partnership Officer/Derby Homes
- Kirsty Bentham - Local Area Coordinator
- Cheryl Ward - Local Area Coordinator
- Councillor Baggy Shanker - Chair
- Councillor Joanna West
- Councillor Nadine Peatfield
Partners and residents:
- Shareen Akhtar - Derbyshire Fire and Rescue
- Inspector Jo Meakin - Derbyshire Police
- Gillian Todd - Resident/Sinfin Community Centre
- Michael Vernon - Old Sinfin Resident/Sinfin Community Centre
- Colin Attenborough - Resident/Friends of Sinfin Moor Park/Sinfin Moor Church
- Gina Mildren - Old Sinfin Resident
- Matthew Wilson - Derby City Council
- Sgt Graham Young - Derbyshire Police
- David Walsh - Sporting Communities
Your neighbourhood priorities for 2019/20
- Cohesive and strong communities
- Dealing with ASB and crime
- Educaction and training/life skills
How can I join the Sinfin Neighbourhood Board?
Visit the Neighbourhood working page.