Spondon neighbourhood ward
Spondon Neighbourhood Team
Spondon is part of the North East Area. Your Neighbourhood Team is based at The Council House, Corporation Street, Derby DE1 2FS.
If you would like to get involved in your neighbourhood, you have any ideas on how to improve your local area or have any questions about the ward, you can contact:
Sarah Dosunmu, Neighbourhood Partnership Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 643041
- email: email@example.com
Graeme Walton, Derby Homes Area Housing Manager, by:
- telephone: 01332 888630
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorraine Dryden, Neighbourhood Partnership Officer, by:
- telephone: 01332 642686
- email: email@example.com
Your local Safer Neighbourhood Team
If you have concerns about your neighbourhood, wish to complain about anti-social behaviour you can contact the Spondon Safer Neighbourhood Team, by:
- telephone: 101
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your Safer Neighbourhood Team is committed to making your community a safer and better place to live and work.
Spondon Neighbourhood Forum
These meetings take place within the Ward only if there is an identified issue that requires a meeting.
When a Neighbourhood Forum is required it will be advertised, but for further information please contact Lorraine Dryden, email: email@example.com
For more information about neighbourhood forums, visit our Neighbourhood working page.
Find out more about Neighbourhood Forum meetings.
Spondon Neighbourhood Board
Your local Neighbourhood Board is made up of local councillors, residents and representatives from community organisations and public services.
- leads on behalf of the whole neighbourhood
- agrees the priorities for the neighbourhood
- decides where delegated Council budgets are to be spent
- monitors performance
- influences decisions that reflect the views of local residents
- decides on the vision for your neighbourhood
The Neighbourhood Board received a budget from April 2021. This budget is to enable voluntary and community groups (non-commercial) to apply for funding for projects/events, that will both benefit and enable the community and its residents. If you would be interested in putting together a funding application for consideration of the board, please read the guidance and complete the form:
- Board Funding Application 2020/21Board Funding Application 2021/22
- Neighbourhood board devolved budget funding guidance
Find out how to become a member of your Neighbourhood Board.
Members of Spondon Neighbourhood Board 2021/22
Derby City Council's councillor representatives
- Chair - Councillor Poulter
- Councillor Roulstone
- Councillor Williams
- Inspector Lauren Woods - Derbyshire Police
- Sarah Wigley - Derbyshire Fire & Rescue
- Jean Martin
- Joyce Olivant
- Don Olivant
- Melvyn Crabtree
- Peter Berry
- Lauren Benton
- Kelly and Steve Gibbons
Community organisations' representatives
- Mark Davis - Spondon Village Partnership
- Tom Strachan - Neighbourhood Watch
- Ruth Barlett - Spondon Traders Association
Spondon Neighbourhood Board council advisors
- Sarah Dosunmu - Neighbourhood Partnership Manager
- Ruth Hardy - Senior Youth Worker Manager
- Tim Banton - North Area Traffic Management Manager
- David Winslow - Derby Parks
- Graeme Walton - Derby Homes
- David Oliffe - LAC
Spondon Neighbourhood Board dates 2021/22
- To be confirmed
Neighbourhood Board meetings are currently on hold due to Covid19, as soon as it is safe to do so we will arrange the next meeting.
How can I join the Spondon Neighbourhood Board?
Ward walkabouts is an initiative to strengthen community spirit and build safer communities. This involves Councillors, Neighbourhoods, Public Protection Officers, Derby Homes and the Police, together with local residents leading a high profile and visible patrol including a litter pick. The idea behind this is to get back to traditional community values of local people looking out for each other and identifying any problems raised in the area.
The next dates for the ward walkabouts are:
- 27 July 2021 at 10.30 am; meeting junction of Nottingham Road and Station Road
- 18 October 2021 at 10.30 am; meeting junction of Gravel Pit Lane and South Avenue
- 16 March 2022 at 10.30 am; meeting junction of Edmund Road and Arnhem Terrace
Local events, news, activities and forms
Spondon Neighbourhood Board, working in partnership with Spondon Online, provides a free monthly electronic Spondon Neighbourhood Newsletter to keep you in touch with all the latest community news, projects and events happening in and around Spondon. If want to subscribe visit the Spondon Online website and sign up now.
For more information on what neighbourhood forums and boards are, and how to access funding for local projects and community groups, visit the Neighbourhood working page.