Social care out of hours
Where can I get social care support in an emergency out of office hours?
Derby City Care Line is the out-of-hours emergency social work service for people living in or visiting Derby.
- Monday to Friday from 5pm to 9am
- on weekends and Bank Holidays - 24 hours a day.
Contact Care Line by:
- telephone: 01332 956606
- minicom: 01332 785642
- People who are hard of hearing of deaf please send an email to DCCcareLine@derby.gov.uk if you require Out of Hours Support.
What support can Care Line give?
It may be able to give help to:
- children and families
- older people
- people with mental health problems
- disabled people
- homeless people
- people who are at risk of domestic violence
- other vulnerable people.
Calls to Care Line are dealt with, where required, by a qualified social worker. If the line is busy, you can leave a message and the worker will ring you back as soon as possible.
Most of Care Line’s work is done by telephone, but sometimes workers may need to visit you.
When the social worker is out of the office, calls are diverted to a message-taking service. There may be a delay, but your message will be dealt with as soon as possible.
Care Line's role is to make people safe until the next working day. Daytime workers may need to become involved to follow up on a problem that has been dealt with by Care Line at night or over a weekend. Information will be passed to them to let them know what has happened.
Where can I get social care support during office hours?
Contact us during office hours (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, not on public holidays) for social care support:
- for adults - telephone 01332 640777
- for children and young people under the age of 18 - telephone 01332 641172.