Using a car seat from abroad

Video transcript

If you bought your seat abroad, it doesn’t necessarily mean it is illegal to use but it must have the E number and also an R440/03 or 04 standard to it. Without this it is illegal to use.

If you purchased a seat in America to a federal standard, Canada or Australia, these products will not have the E number of R44 number shown on the seat, so are illegal to use on Europe's roads.

On this page: